Re: [LAD] UIs theming problem (was Re: UIs)

From: Nikita Zlobin <cook60020tmp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 17 2013 - 12:38:05 EEST

The biggest problem is the quality. With pixmap-based themes it may be
achieved only when special pixmap areas are specified for borders, which are
not scaled in certain dimentions. The only gui, which is known to support
this, is kde plasma. As for gtk — it may require newer engine (if old good
pixmap or pixbuf engine doesn't allow that).

In previous month i spent time, creating theme for qtcurve — "Hardcurve".
Though published on kde-look (which is subportal of www.opendesktop.org), it
is good for gtk as well, since qtcurve is cross-toolkit.

Very sad, that ardour doesn't allow at least to customize, wether to use or
not included theme (like rosegarden does).