Re: [LAD] RME suggestions

From: John Rigg <ladev6@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 18 2013 - 14:05:49 EEST

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 08:27:14AM +1000, Geoff Beasley wrote:
> I will be getting a new audio rig in July. I would appreciate
> comments from anyone who uses a RME system. I'm looking into a
> raydat and some converters... and what D?A converters do you use?

I used a Solid State Logic Alpha-Link with my RME card when I had
one. I was using an Alpha-Link SX (24 analogue I/O, AES3 plus MADI)
with an HDSPe MADI card, but the Alpha-Link AX has 24 channels of
ADAT I/O plus MADI so it might be worth a look.

The SSL unit sounded good and was reliable. I also liked the fact
that it had so many channels in a 2U box and had no cooling fan.
(Despite the lack of fan it ran a lot cooler than something like
an Avid/Digidesign 192 I/O).

John