[LAD] GPL & cc-by-3.0

From: hermann meyer <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Sat Jun 15 2013 - 18:01:05 EEST

Hi

Did anyone here know if the GPL+ v2.0 /v3.0 is compatible with the CC-BY
v3.0 (unported)
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

I only found here
http://wiki.debian.org/DFSGLicenses#Creative_Commons_Attribution_Share-Alike_.28CC-BY-SA.29_v3.0

that the CC-BY-SA v3.0 is compatible, but no mention of the CC-BY v3.0
My understanding is that the CC-BY v3.0 has less restrictions then the
CC-BY-SA version, but I'm a bit unsure.

Background: I would include some work which is under the CC-BY v3.0 to
my project, which is under the GPL+ v2.0 (or later). I wouldn't violate
the DFSG, so I would make sure there is no issue at all when I'm do so.
The Author of the CC-BY v3.0 files is fine with my wishes.

any hints?
hermann