Re: [LAD] 4-6 or 8 cores ??

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 24 2013 - 05:11:48 EEST

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Jonathan Woithe <jwoithe@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Another caveat is jackd: my current understanding is that jack2
> can better utilise multiple cores, but I'm happy to be corrected on this
> point by anyone with more knowledge than I

From
https://github.com/jackaudio/jackaudio.github.com/wiki/Q_difference_jack1_jack2

"SMP support is not always as valuable as you would think. If your
applications are chained INPUT --> A --> B --> C --> OUTPUT, then it will *
not* be able to utilize multiple processors. However, if you applications
are independently generating audio to the OUTPUT, that is when "parallel"
sub-graph exist in the global graph, then they can be."