Re: [LAD] Open-source Band-in-a-Box replacement

From: Michael Niemeck <michael@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 26 2013 - 16:34:25 EEST

Quoting Luis Garrido <luis@email-addr-hidden>:

> Do you know of mma?

Yeah I know it, in fact it's what I currently use for practice
playbacking. But while I'm an avid user of things like LaTeX and
lilypond myself, I feel that the GUI-less approach of MMA doesn't work
for everyone and in all situations.

I was briefly considering using MMA as a backend and just gluing a GUI
on top of it, like the LinuxBand project did, but after a lot of
tinkering with architecture options decided to go all the way and
implement the backend as well. I'd also like to try and move away from
the pattern-based approach that MMA and a lot of others use as well in
the process.