[LAD] VirtualBox and VST

From: Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 01 2013 - 19:16:15 EEST

I'm listening to music from an AROS virtual machine in VirtualBox. The
audio setup is the following:

AROS -> ALSA (loopback) -> zita-a2j -> JACK

VirtualBox has no direct support for JACK. A bug was opened 3 years
ago asking for jack support https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/6049
This seam pretty hopeless, unless someone competent enough, which I
am not, contribute with some patch.

However, when listening to music, it works fabulous with my setup.

The main advantage of VirtualBox is that the guest OS is really
installed in a virtual machine, and any software compatible with this
OS can be installed and will run. VirtualBox is also a little bit
faster than wine.

So my question is, are there anyone who tested VirtualBox with windows
and some VST?

Dominique

--
"We have the heroes we deserve."