Re: [LAD] Behringer ADA8000 phase

From: John Rigg <ladev6@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 02 2013 - 12:14:06 EEST

On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 09:29:53PM +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> The only thing that has happened to the installation over
> the last years is that some of the Behringers failed (power
> supply blown up, one per year on average) and were replaced.
> So I checked those separately. And yes, some of them had their
> output phase inverted w.r.t. the others. Apparently the thing
> exists in two versions, but apart from measuring there's no
> way to tell which is which. So I'll have to recheck things
> each time any of them are replaced again. Thank $GOD we didn't
> use those for the WFS system.

This is appalling, but I'm aware it happens sometimes. I've
observed a similar thing with Chinese condenser microphones,
including some relatively expensive ones. Now I always check
polarity against a known good mic whenever I buy a new one.
Looks like I'll also have to start checking other gear.
Thanks for the warning.

John