Re: [LAD] zita-ajbridge and aloop

From: Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 11 2013 - 21:50:24 EEST

Le Thu, 11 Jul 2013 15:59:09 +0200,
IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig@iem.at> a écrit :

> hi all,
>
> (apologies if this is the wrong mailing list, but i'm currently only
> subscribed to LAD and not LAU. anyhow:)
>
> i'm having serious troubles using zita-ajbridge with alsa loopback
> devices.
>
> my basic requirement is, to allow *any* ALSA-only application to be
> "jackified".
>
> i'm on debian, and my current tests are done on i386 resp. x86_64, but
> my target platform is armel (wandboard solo, powered by a single-core
> ARM cortex-A9)
>
> the basic problem i'm facing is, that i don't get much output.
> occasionally i do get output (e.g. with mplayer)
>
> so here's what i did:
>
> # modprobe snd-aloop (with all the default parameters)
>
> which gives me:
>
> $ cat /proc/asound/cards
> 0 [Generic ]: HDA-Intel - HD-Audio Generic
> HD-Audio Generic at 0xf0244000 irq 43
> 1 [SB ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB
> HDA ATI SB at 0xf0240000 irq 16
> 2 [Loopback ]: Loopback - Loopback
> Loopback 1

You can setup /etc/modules.d/alsa.conf, or whatever file used by
Debian to configure the ALSA driver, to define the Loopback as card 0.

That way, all the ALSA program will access the loopback by default.
Of course, jackd must be running all the time for that to be useful.

Dominique

--
"We have the heroes we deserve."