Re: [LAD] DSP: Band limiting wavetable oscillator

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 13 2013 - 19:56:03 EEST

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:
> This could be done very efficiently, in particular if you accept some
> compromises for the lowpass filter, and even more if the waveforms can
> be summed before downsampling.

Good idea, I wouldn't have thought of summing before downsampling.

In terms of compromises for the lowpass filter, what is it you were
thinking of?
A bit of reading tells me that most analog devices use elliptic filters,
with 4/8 poles or so for this purpose..
Seems a little overkill? I've no experience in this area... yet!

-Harry