[LAD] Fwd: nsm patching

From: Alex <linux@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 03 2013 - 23:49:00 EEST

I write this with some caution, as i have no wish to start another
lengthy discussion on the merits of various session managers.

I'm using non-session-manager to manage my projects, and i will say here
it's been successful and time-efficient, to put it mildly. As a user
with a lot to startup, nsm has enabled me a lot more time to write, and
spend less time on non-writing tasks. (no pun intended)

I know this discussion has been had before, but can i ask devs to take
another look at nsm-patching their apps, if not already done?

The following would be particularly appreciated, here at alextone.

Muse2

(This one is a biggie, as i pretty well write nearly all midi)

a2jmidid

(The default is no -e switch. I don't know why this is, as it seems to
be that a2jmidid -e is more likely to be used by default, than not. If
this is not nsm-patchable, can we at least have a build option that
creates an additional bin exec, something like "a2jmidid-all", or
"a2jmidid-e"?)

linuxsampler

(I start this one from a script that includes the init-after-exec
switch, with a default template. Is LS nsm-patchable to "save" a
particular .lscp, so it can be started automatically with a session?
i.e. Session one uses "orchestra.lscp, session 2 uses "jazz-combo.lscp,
and so on)

Jconvolver

(Same as above. Can jconv be nsm-patched, so i can use different
IR.confs for different sessions, and a specific .conf can be saved with
a session ?)

Thanks,

Alex.