[LAD] midisnoop - Was: Weird USB MIDI sysex problem

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Aug 31 2013 - 14:32:45 EEST

On Fri, 2013-08-30 at 21:31 -0700, Devin Anderson wrote:
> > so using amidi it's possible to write a synth editor by shell
> > script, at least sending some commands is possible without having
> > the knowledge how to program in a Linux common high language such as
> > C.
>
> You can also use `midisnoop` for this purpose:
>
> http://midisnoop.googlecode.com/

Nice, it's in Arch's AUR repository. The advantage of a script using
amidi might be, that sending sysEx for e.g. increasing filter values
could be done. Since I'm a dino assembler coder for vintage computers, I
still don't know how to get the checksums for a shell script (I didn't
start to do anything ;), but I guess google will tell me. Another issue
for using old synth perhaps is, that running status for Linux seemingly
can't be turned on and off.