Re: [LAD] Aeolus

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 20 2013 - 18:58:18 EEST

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 07:07:37PM +0200, hermann meyer wrote:

> I've attached the diff, for your review.
> Some of the changes are not necessary needed, but handy for our use case.
> Ignore please the #include "gx_compiler.h" and __rt_func

Thanks. It would seem possible to merge the two versions, but
I have a few questions/remarks.

1. You shouldn't have removed the 'options'. In the current release
   they are used for things not related to the FFT library, and other
   options may be added in the future. It has no performance penalty.

2. You have changed the gain normalisation from 0.5 / partition to
   1.0 / partition. Why ? The 0.5 is not related to anything specific
   FFTW. It's there because the FFT size is twice the partition size.
   The result should be that convolution with a single impulse of 1.0
   amplitude reproduces the input without a gain change.

3. If av_malloc() can ever fail, this should raise an exception.

4. Assuming that the 'swap' operation that is part of the av FFT
   only changes the order of complete complex values (and not of
   their components), all the swaps can be removed. The only thing
   that happens in the F-domain is that values with the same index
   are multiplied. Their order is not important.

Ciao,

--
FA