[LAD] Just an information about the state of affairs - Re: forking (was Re: Aeolus)

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Sep 21 2013 - 16:27:17 EEST

On Sat, 2013-09-21 at 14:42 +0300, Dan Muresan wrote:
> Fons, one big problem is that the Muse page
> (http://www.muse-sequencer.org/index.php/Aeolus) shows in Google
> results above your page for various relevant searches ("aeolus organ",
> "aeolus synth" and several).
>
> The second big problem is that the Muse page links to a non-existent
> domain for its "official Aeolus" page
> (http://www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio/aeolus)
>
> I see that the actual page is
> http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/aeolus/index.html
>
> Did you use to host Aeolus at a domain that was subsequently lost? It
> would help everybody to go around and update the various links around
> the intertubes to a domain in existence; I'm sure Google will give the
> "true" homepage appropriate link juice soon enough.

The fork now is deleted by Maurizio M. Gavioli from github. He sent me a
private mail and explained that it was experimental and rather
collateral to his interests, so it is not a great loss neither for him
nor, obviously, for the community.

So this "issue" is "solved".

Regards,
Ralf

PS: I'm sorry to hear that it ended like this.