[LAD] LV2 Oscilloscope

From: Aurélien Leblond <blablack@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 10 2013 - 20:29:05 EEST

Hi all,

I'm still trying to improve the avw.lv2 plugin set (reminder, the port
of AMS internal modules), and one of the new plugin I would like to
have is a visual oscilloscope - it's very useful when working with
modular synth to see what the Osc/LFO are at.

At the moment i'm using the DSSI ll-scope but although it works very
well for low frequencies, the refresh rate is not that great for very
high frequencies - half the graph is not displayed and if I setting it
in frozen mode doesn't work that great for Osc/LFO that changes shape
with time.

My plan was to use the ll-scope gtk widget, add it to a LV2 plugin and
start from there.

The problem I'm at the moment facing is this:
- ll-scope widget requires the sample rate as a constructor but I
can't find an easy way for an LV2 plugin to pass the sample rate.
- what is the cleanest way to access input port data from the GUI? GUI
and plugin are very well separated in LV2, I can't figure out what's
the proper way to do this.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help :)

Aurélien