Re: [LAD] Some proposals for fluidsynth and qsynth

From: Albert Graef <aggraef@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 11 2013 - 14:03:01 EEST

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 8:40 PM, Zlobin Nikita <cook60020tmp@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> 2 - only about gui at all, not only qsynth: i read one time somewhere, that
> fluidsynth supports microtonality (scale tuning), but only few months ago could
> try it in action, controlling manually standalone fluidsynth, started in
> terminal. It would be great to add in qsynth panel like in zyn/yoshimi for
> scale tuning. Also interested, is there some gui, where scale tuning is
> implemented (hard even to hope when even most featureful gui doesn't have it).

Not exactly what you want, but I have a Pure script which converts
octave-based tunings in Scala (.scl) format to corresponding MTS (MIDI
Tuning Standard) sysex files. These work with fluidsynth, and you can
use Qtractor's bus dialog to include them in your MIDI sequences.

The author of the Scala program (not the programming language Scala;
see http://www.huygens-fokker.org/scala/) has compiled a very
comprehensive collection consisting of thousands of scales from all
over the world, and of course it's also easy to create your own, it's
a text-based input format. The only limitation of my script (not
Scala) is that it currently works for octave-based 12 tone scales
only, so the Scala input needs to be of that form.

Just drop me a mail off-list if you want to have this. If there's
enough interest, I can also make it available on bitbucket or github.

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany