Re: [LAD] Looking for library to categorise audio

From: Philipp Überbacher <murks@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 16 2013 - 20:51:29 EEST

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 21:59:44 +0100
Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 9:49 PM, Philipp Überbacher
> <murks@tuxfamily.org> wrote:
> > I'm looking for a library that I could use to categorise audio.
> > Do you know or even have experience with such a library?
>
> Aubio, and the VAMP plugins would be where I'd start.
> Aubio has beat-onset, and BPM etc, some combo of those might provide
> a way to find the type.
> I have no experience with VAMP, just know there's a whole load of
> analysis stuff in there!
>
> HTH, -Harry

Thanks Harry,
that led me to some things that could work.
However, it seems that most of those tools deal with low-level features
that need to be combined in some fancy ways to make it do what I need.

I was hoping for something that requires less DSP knowledge.
However given that those low-level tools are available,
hints on how to combine them or on possibly useful algorithms etc.
would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,
Philipp