Re: [LAD] [LV2] LV2: Communicate from the DSP to the UI

From: Aurélien Leblond <blablack@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 10 2013 - 10:05:20 EET

> > Perhaps a good candidate for "official" (i.e. included) example?
>
> eg-scope, sure, fine with me; but please give me a few days to add some
> more comments to the source: elaborate on Atom-msgs and clearly note
> that the scope display itself is horribly wrong design. It's actually a
> perfect textbook example of what *not* to do:
>
> * no thread sync. it redraws somewhat randomly
> * it's neither accurate nor stable
> * it displays raw samples (a proper scope should^Wmust not do that)
> * the display itself just connects min/max line segments
> * no labels, no scale, no calibration
> * ...
>
> maybe Aurélien is going to address some of these issues, and his project
> will eventually be suited better for inclusion as official example.

Probably not suitable, as I'm using the LVTK wrapper.

> Alternatively removing the drawing routine would IMHO be appropriate for
> an example atom-vector communication plugin.
>
> @Aurélien: are you planning to implement a trigger mechanism and/or
> history? any plans to add up-sampling and interpolation? what about
> markers and numerical readout?

It is a port of the dssi ll-scope:
- trigger mechanism for redraw
- no up-sampling or interpolation I could find in the code, but I could be
wrong there as I didn't dig that deep yet into the gtk widget code
- it has markers but no numerical readout