Re: [LAD] Headless RME HDSP/HDSPM mixer settings

From: Adrian Knoth <adi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 29 2013 - 00:17:17 EET

On 11/27/13 18:41, raf wrote:

> notice that if hdspmixer has not been started after bootup (means the
> card is not initialized in some way), hdspdump throw no error, and
> creates a dump file filled with 0. It means that alsa is not throwing
> errors either as your programs goes nicely to the end.

The card is always fully initialised, the driver (kernel) previously
wrote all these zeroes to mute all channels. It's the default state to
prevent unintended output on any channel.

> I've been looking at hdspmixer code for some days now to make it
> console only, removing FLTK dependencies.

Speaking of which, I'm currently hacking a matrix mixer for RME
cards:

    http://adi.loris.tv/xhdsp.png

It's a toy project to improve my rotten C++ skills, so I chose gtkmm.

I still need to add support for double/quad speed modes and maybe polish
the GUI a bit, but otherwise, it's fully functional.

In contrast to hdspmixer, it doesn't duplicate the same
information/constants over and over again, every RME model is its own
C++ class inherited from a universal base class and only defining the
relevant bits (number of I/O/P channels, channel names).

In other words, it's a lot more readable, but since I wrote it, I'm
biased. ;)

Cheers