Re: [LAD] io GNU/Linux LiveDVD/USB ... 64-bit iso up :)

From: Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 31 2013 - 19:26:27 EET

Le Tue, 31 Dec 2013 17:04:54 +0100,
Brendan Jones <brendan.jones.it@email-addr-hidden> a écrit :

> On 12/31/2013 04:56 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 16:47:16 +0100, MK aka El Doctor
> > <el.doctor@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> >> http://manu.kebab.free.fr/io/releases/io-live-hybrid-3.12.6-amd64--2013.12.29-07.11.packages.html
> >>

> > Is there a good reason why Debian based distros exclude
> > linuxsampler?
> Same reason why we don't include it in Fedora Jam. It's a non-free
> license. __

I don't see where the problem is with Debian. I made a Debian install
for testing in virtualbox the other day, and the installation program
asked me if I want to include the non-free software into the
installation. So, if the user is able to say yes to that question, the
real reason is something else.

In gentoo, we have another politic with the licences. The free
licence are accepted by portage by default, and for the other licences,
the user must accept them on a per package basis. For linuxsampler,
both the portage versions and the pro-audio overlay live version are
considered as GPL2, as stated into the source code.

gsampler, qsampler and jsampler are also provided. The jsampler ebuilds
let the user to choose between the classic and fantasia installation.

Dominique