Re: [LAD] io GNU/Linux LiveDVD/USB ... 64-bit iso up :)

From: Ray Rashif <schiv@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 01 2014 - 11:26:58 EET

On 1 January 2014 01:25, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:
> And, my main distro isn't Gentoo, there at least is a second distro with a
> similar policy as Gentoo and inexperienced user can get both Aelus and
> linuxsampler :p and it's good this way :).

While it may be accessible the fact remains that the license is tainted:

Name : linuxsampler
Licenses : GPL custom:exception

On 1 January 2014 05:03, Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Is it not the point of the GPL3 to be a free license that allow to make
> anything with the work done with the software, but to restrict
> commercial distribution of the code or the software?

On the contrary -- you can sell free software, _provided_ you retain
the license and give your customers the same rights (access to the
source, namely). So why would anyone buy from you? Plenty of reasons,
no reason, both.

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1