Re: [LAD] Audio Levitation

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 04 2014 - 22:19:27 EET

On Sat, Jan 04, 2014 at 06:16:31PM +0100, Dominique Michel wrote:

> According to that presentation
> http://www.dalembert.upmc.fr/Oleron2010/docs/Presentations/Oleron-Barriere.pdf
> it look like Langevin (which is the same than Rayleigh first formula
> in 1902) apply well when we are long enough from the source, and when
> we are in its vicinity, Rayleigh (1905) must be applied.

Interesting, thanks for the pointer. And it closes the circle...

The first slide is a quote from one of Beyer's papers:

  "It might be said that radiation pressure is a phenomenon that the
   observer thinks he understands — for short intervals, and only
   every now and then”

I remember reading the paper that comes from a very long time ago,
and that was what inspired my remark about radiation pressure being
one of the more elusive topics in acoustics !

Ciao,

--
FA