Re: [LAD] ardour3 in Debian testing

From: Adrian Knoth <adi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 07 2014 - 23:06:06 EET

On Tue, Jan 07, 2014 at 09:57:25PM +0100, R. Mattes wrote:

> Could someone with deeper insight in the ardour3 package enlighten me:
> why on earth does ardour3 depend on python-gtk2 and (!sic) python-twisted?
>
> Python-twisted is an application framework for internet/event-based
> applications. Why does ardour3 pull in such a monster framework?

Most likely, because I did it wrong.

I've checked the repo, and apparently, I've copied the relevant line
from the previous ardour2 package and never checked if it was really
necessary.

Frankly, I don't even know offhand if ardour2 needs it.

So you're saying we can drop it?

Cheers

--
mail: adi@email-addr-hidden  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver