Re: [LAD] [Jack-Devel] JACK, cgroups and systemd

From: Philipp Überbacher <murks@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 12 2014 - 23:37:34 EET

On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 22:20:06 +0100 (CET)
karl@aspodata.se wrote:

> Dominique:
> > Le Mon, 13 Jan 2014 02:39:08 +1100 (EST),

> > I can understand this when some developers seam use their time to
> > break the kernel and other important functions. We get udev
> > breakage of firmware loading with some modules, the *kit story
> > which will hopefully end with its disappearance, and now systemd
> > which have a catastrophic implementation. And that's only the ones
> > I am aware of.
>
> The sad part is that distributions and some programs have stopped to
> respect the local administrator, by implementing more and more policy.
>
> Regards,
> /Karl Hammar

The usual answer that I get for criticism like that is: "Well, you can
change it.". The problem is that the effort to do so is often too large
to make this a practical option.

I'm not sure how it is in this case though, is it possible to change the
behavior of systemd without code change?

I do try to stay away from things that I don't need (polkit, systemd,
PA, *kit, ...) but it's not always possible. I can hardly maintain an
init system in parallel to the one my distribution uses.

Regards,
Philipp