Re: [LAD] Releasing source code is not enough, I think...

From: IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 26 2014 - 21:37:19 EET

On 01/25/2014 07:55 AM, hermann meyer wrote:

> Debian didn't support downgrade, but they provide way's to do it. (dpkg)
> Running sid, makes it necessary from time to time to downgrade some
> apps/libs.

if your only requirement for *grading is replacing some files, removing
some others and installing yet another set, then `dpkg` can do this
nicely. (and ubuntu fully inherits the merits of dpkg).

unfortunately, *grading is often more than that.
just think of files created by the application that has to be readable
by another version of the same application.

gamd
IOhannes