Re: [LAD] Call for testing (final): ALSA driver for some firewire devices

From: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 14 2014 - 08:23:30 EET

Hi,

At first, I request you to send output from:
/proc/asound/UFX1604/#clock
/proc/asound/UFX1604/#firmware
/proc/asound/UFX1604/#formation

> but there are no controls in alsamixer,

This is expected. My drivers basically have no ALSA control interface
because it's just for PCM/MIDI functionality (we call it as
'streaming'). Currently developers in related projects follow this policy.

If you need to control internal mixer, please join in FFADO project.

So you can test my drivers with ALSA PCM applications like
aplay/arecord, jackd and so on.

> nor in pavucontrol.

This is expected. Currently PulseAudio fails to detect devices which my
drivers supports. So we need to load PulseAudio's ALSA sink/source
modules manually.
  $ pactl load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:UFX1604
  $ pactl load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:UFX1604

See:
[pulseaudio-discuss] 'Failed to find a working profile' for firewire
sound devices
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/2014-January/019685.html

Regards

Takashi Sakamoto