Re: [LAD] NetJack question

From: David J Myers <david.myers@email-addr-hidden-panogenics.com>
Date: Mon Feb 24 2014 - 17:38:23 EET

Many thanks for the reply, Adrian, this is much appreciated.

I don't have the zita-ajbridge installed so I thought I'd try the alsa_in
method first.
So on the first box, I run,as you suggest
$ jackd -d alsa
Then on the second box
$ jackd -d net

But then, when I try to run alsa_in on the second box in a second terminal
window, it fails and it crashes the jackd process.

I'm also wondering how I make the connection between the two boxes?

Here's a trace of box 2 (terminal 1):-

user@email-addr-hidden:~$ jackd -d net
jackd 0.121.2
Copyright 2001-2009 Paul Davis, Stephane Letz, Jack O'Quinn, Torben Hohn and
others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
creating net driver ... net_pcm|48000|1024|3000|2|2|transport_sync:1
.
.
all 32 bit float mono audio port buffers in use!
cannot assign buffer for port
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
user@email-addr-hidden:~$

and box 2 (terminal 2) :-

user@email-addr-hidden:~$ alsa_in -d hw:0 -r 44100
selected sample format: 32bit
cannot deliver port registration request
alsa_in: alsa_in.c:406: process: Assertion `rlen > 2' failed.
jacknet_client: cannot register port for capture_1Aborted (core dumped)
user@email-addr-hidden:~$

Cheers
David