[LAD] No sound with JACK over net

From: Simon Price <retail@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 07 2014 - 11:19:05 EET

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure jackd -d net

The master machine with the hardware sees my soundcard fine. All looks good as
it comes up. I start the slave, which connects to the master machine fine and
picks up the right settings such as sample rate. I've tried changing this on
the master and they are successfully picked up on the slave so I know this is
all talking properly. I also get the 'Connected :-)' message on the master so
I'm pretty sure this is all OK. On the slave where I run the application all
of the connections appear and look good. However, no matter what I do I never
get any sound! I know the card and everything else is OK because if I use the
simple alsa 'play' command on the master it comes through loud and clear.

I'm using CentOS (headless) on the master which reports jackdmp 1.9.5
On the slave I'm running Mint which reports jackd 0.122.0
These are the standard downloaded packages from the

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Simon