Re: [LAD] NetJack question

From: David J Myers <david.myers@email-addr-hidden-panogenics.com>
Date: Tue Mar 18 2014 - 18:46:33 EET

I'm back on this project after a break but not making much progress.

I'm trying to get the sound from the input hardware on one Linux box to play
on the output hardware of a second Linux box on the same network.

I'm using Jack1, version 0.124.1 on both boxes.

On the Slave (input), I run

jackd -d net

On the master (output), I run

Jackd -d alsa

and then (in another terminal)

jack_netsource -H 10.26.7.90

where 10.26.7.90 is the IP address of the slave device.

.but the two devices don't seem to connect.

When I start jack_netsource on the master, the slave briefly sees some
activity and puts up

netxruns amount: 21ms

resync after freerun. 5

netxruns amount: 2133ms

netxruns amount: 21ms

master seems gone. entering freerun mode

and jack_netsource returns

Not connected

If I can get the two ends connected, I'm hoping I can use alsa_in and/or
alsa_out to achieve the end to end audio but, again, I don't know exactly
how to make this work.

Any help would be great.

- David