Re: [LAD] New kid on the block

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 03 2014 - 00:31:42 EEST

On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 22:12:55 +0200
Nils <list@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On 02.04.2014 21:47, Will Godfrey wrote:
> > I've started making tentative steps towards improving yoshimi
> I think this question must be asked:
> Why would you want to do that? Just forget Yoshimi and work with the
> original Zyn.
>
> Are there any real advantages (however small!) that Yoshimi has and Zyn not?
> And if these would be resolved in Zyn, would you still continue to
> develop and use Yoshimi? (this is a trick question! Answering it yes
> would make you a fanatic person by the definition that all logical
> reaons point against a situation but a person still refuses to accept it)
>
> Nils

I, and a number of other people, have found that yoshi is consistently more
stable, reliable and less prone to xruns under stress.

There are details in the way yoshi implements some features that some of us
prefer.

I frequently use very large patch sets. zyn is unable to load these even
if it saved them. I'm informed that this has been dealt with in one of the
development branches, but when that will appear in the release version is
unknown. For me, this is a show-stopper.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk