Re: [LAD] Call for testing (final): ALSA driver for some firewire devices

From: Takashi Sakamoto <o-takashi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 06 2014 - 14:42:12 EEST

Hi Matt,

(May 06 2014 07:33), M Murdock wrote:
> Now... what can I do to help debug MIDI communication with the ProjectMix?
> This is an important feature for me as half of the hardware functionality is
> as a control surface.

I'm not sure your ProjectMix I/O has this issue or not because this is
my assumption from behaviour of Firewire 1814. Firewire 1814 and
ProjectMix I/O are quite similar. So at first I ask you to confirm
ProjectMix I/O really has this issue.

If ProjectMix I/O has buffer overflow for MIDI messages, it transmits
packets with discontinuity. ALSA driver can detect it and report it to
syslog:
kernel: [19757.225489] snd-bebob fw1.0: Detect discontinuity of CIP: E8 40

So please confirm to see such logs when sending much MIDI messages to
your ProjectMix I/O.

Thanks

Takashi Sakamoto
o-takashi@email-addr-hidden