Re: [LAD] AES67 + JACK

From: Jamie Jessup <jessup.jamie@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 16 2014 - 18:37:25 EEST

I would love to see this happen in the world of LA. I was recently about to
embark in a HW project for an AES50 implementation, however after a quick
skim of the standard this sounds a little more exciting :).

A Dante "Virtual Soundcard" style thing for ALSA/JACK would be amazing. If
Audiante is sincere in their intentions:

*Audinate will deliver the AES67 support as firmware update to OEMs in
initial Dante products within 12 months. Dante is now the market leader
adopted by over 130 OEMs, as it is the most interoperable, easy to use
audio networking platform.*

This would open up a LA system to a lot of hardware.

Officially on the radar.

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 4:15 PM, raf <rmouneyres@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I'd be really interested too.
> From what I've figured out, we'd need some kind of different network card
> driver to dedicate a port to this specific network, bypassing the standard
> layers.
> I may be completely wrong with the terms.
>
> Raphaël
>
> Le 13 mai 2014 à 20:59, Reuben Martin a écrit :
>
> > I'm just now reading about this recent standard. Is this on anybody's
> radar for possible integration with jack / netjack? It looks like it would
> provide a very direct and standardized means of bridging jack with
> proprietary audio transports.
> >
> > Personally interested because it could eventually allow easy integration
> of Linux based software with a Dante network.
> >
> > -Reuben

Jamie Jessup
http://jamiejessup.com