Re: [LAD] kernel module load error

From: Cedric Roux <sed@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 25 2014 - 01:00:47 EEST

On 05/24/2014 11:48 PM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone here know why I am seeing this error while loading a kernel
> module:
>
> Unknown symbol __stack_chk_guard (err 0)
> Unknown symbol __stack_chk_fail (err 0)
>
> I can't find anything online that explains the cause of the error in
> relation to loading kernel modules.

probably the code was compiled with the option
-fstack-protector or/and -fstack-protector-all
of gcc.

If you have the source code, recompile with -fnostack-protector
(and/or -fnostack-protector-all, I don't know what is
necessary). I hope it works...

I know that ubuntu has -fstack-protector set by default, maybe others
too.