Re: [LAD] jack / sched_deadline

From: tim <tim@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 19 2014 - 22:17:01 EEST

hi leonardo,

> Next week I'll be in Pisa, Italy, for a workshop held by some of the
> SCHED_DEADLINE guys. I'm not a serious dev but I do research and I'll be
> glad to evaluate the benefit of SCHED_DEADLINE for audio and jack,
> compared to SCHED_FIFO.

that would be nice! the interface is much more robust than SCHED_FIFO
and it is rather similar to time-constraint threads as found on mach
threads. and it perfectly maps to rate-monotonic schedulers as found in
audio systems ...
however my initial tests were not very promising: my multicore audio
engine performed worse when using SCHED_DEADLINE for the helper threads
compared to SCHED_FIFO ...

cheers,
tim