Re: [LAD] Open Source to be or not to be?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Jun 30 2014 - 23:10:21 EEST

On Mon, 2014-06-30 at 15:32 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> Another matter: starting guitarix without Jack running produces
> an empty black 'Jack Starter' window. No matter what I do next
> will crash X11.

If you're still using Arch Linux, try the git versions provided by AUR.
This issue doesn't occur on my machine with the below listed versions.
JFTR I'm not using Guitarix, my guitar effects are in small metal cases
on the floor and usually I only use a Boss CS-3 or a BOSS OD-2, very
seldom I use other effects.

[rocketmouse@email-addr-hidden ~]$ pacman -Q guitarix-git
guitarix-git 20140120.2398-1
[rocketmouse@email-addr-hidden ~]$ guitarix -v