Re: [LAD] MIDI in jack

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 06 2014 - 19:44:57 EEST

On Sun, 6 Jul 2014, Brett McCoy wrote:

> You might want to take a look at some previous implementations of
> similar ideas (using console keyboard for MIDI). They use the ALSA
> sequencer, I believe
>
> http://vmpk.sourceforge.net/
>
> http://alsa.opensrc.org/Vkeybd

Some of that code will be useful, but both of these run in user space and
use the Xorg keyboard inputs. This means that if I have a synth connected
to virtual kb, as soon as I try to change the synth patch, I loose my
virtual keyboard access because keyboard follows focus to the synth
application (which is what we want almost always). That is why I have to
run as a system user.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net