Re: [LAD] Digital Effects

From: <tom@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 22 2014 - 18:57:11 EEST

On Fri, August 22, 2014 17:39, Harry van Haaren wrote:

> If the bass player recording with comp & eq also *hears* that, as
> opposed to hearing it without compression... then perhaps they'll play
> "better" and it'll be easier to mix.

this is an interesting side-aspect indeed that goes beyond the generic
rec/play/fx fx/rec/play question.
Having the musician hear processed audio doesn't mean it has to be
recorded with FX though. It asks for a tight system (i.e. the
delay/latency of the processed audio is below the threshold of what is
acceptable by player).
I think what is sent to the musician must no be necessarily be the same
that is being recorded.

> HTH, -Harry
>

> PS: There's a lot of studio guides that mention slightly compressing a
> monitor mix to artists.. I find it interesting to read about the settings,
> and wether to send some reverb or not too.. :)

Thanks, i have to read up in one of these guides :)