Re: [LAD] Half-OT: Fader mapping - was - Ardour MIDI tracer

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Aug 24 2014 - 22:11:04 EEST

On Sun, 2014-08-24 at 20:57 +0200, hermann meyer wrote:
> Exact the answer I expected from you, and, sorry, but I haven't the
> time, nor any fun in explain to you how to use guitarix, just, leave it
> behind you and, do me a pleasure, delete all your guitarix stuff and
> didn't talk about it anymore, PLEASE. Talk about Guitar Rig, or what
> ever you use, but stop talking about stuff you didn't use nor understand
> to use.

JFTR I don't use Guitar Rig, I don't use Windows or a Mac, but it does
provider some nice things, such as a step sequencer for the guitar. As I
already pointed out, all simulations can be used sometimes, but most of
the times any elCheapo amp recorded by any elCheapo mic at disgusting
low volumes sounds better. For clean guitars a Boss CS-3 and for
overdrive a Boss OD-2 and a little bit of an 80th early reflection + the
mixer's parametric EQ usually will do better, than Guitarix, Guitar Rig
and others. IIRC Zoom was the first who introduced those emulations to
the masses. Between 20 and 30 years ago Zoom released a kind of "Guitar
Amp Walkman", I don't remember it's name, it was similar to what
Guitarix provides nowadays. No doubt about it, Zoom, Guitarix and others
are useful for some tasks, but they can not provide what they claim to
provide.