Re: [LAD] Half-OT: Fader mapping - was - Ardour MIDI tracer

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Aug 25 2014 - 10:02:34 EEST

On Sun, 2014-08-24 at 15:25 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> Piezos have a capacitive impedance, together with the preamp resistive
> input impedance this forms a first order highpass filter. A typical mic
> input is around 2 kOhms, this would place the cutoff frequency somewhere
> in the high audio range, with 6 dB/oct below that. Could be EQ'd in theory,
> but for musical use it's usually better to use a high-Z preamp.

Have you tested Guitarix? Hermann claims that Guitarix fix such an
issue, if you know how to handle Guitarix. I'm to bonehead to waste my
time trying to fix such a technical issue using Guitarix, perhaps
somebody approachable is willing to learn how to use Guitarix to
eliminate technical facts by the magic of Guitarix tube amp emulation
algorithms.