Re: [LAD] Half-OT: Fader mapping - was - Ardour MIDI tracer

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Aug 25 2014 - 12:09:55 EEST

On Mon, 2014-08-25 at 09:47 +0100, Will Godfrey wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 08:13:28 +0000
> Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > ... or a charge amplifier.
>
> Interesting you mention that. I was wondering if that sort of thing would
> work, although I didn't know the name - I had to look it up :)

Unfortunately the English Wiki for
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_pickup#Preamps doesn't mention the
Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charge_amplifier , while the charge
amplifier Wiki links to the guitar pickup Wiki.

For Germans I recommend http://www.sengpielaudio.com/ , no liability
assumed. People often claim that Wiki knowhow isn't that good, but the
knowhow about audio engineering in German Wikis usually is very good. I
wasn't aware that many Wikis are written by Sengpiel
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eberhard_Sengpiel , but there are a lot of
other good Wikis about audio engineering that seem to be written by
others. Perhaps somebody with better English skills than mine, should
share some audio knowhow in the way it's done in German.

I never read a German audio engineering Wiki and wanted to correct
something, all I read was superb.