Re: [LAD] Software sound

From: <gordonjcp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 01 2014 - 19:36:31 EEST

On Mon, Sep 01, 2014 at 03:07:32PM +0100, W.Boeke wrote:
> 'Warmth' depends on the lower harmonics. If you are aiming for
> warmth then start with a base signal with more lower harmonics, e.g.
> a square wave i.s.o. a pulse. Also equalizing and a suitable
> amplifier are important. And the ultimate way to get warmth is to
> add a small amount of 1/2 or 2/3 harmonics. In software this is
> easy, for real instruments it's impossible!

I'm not sure why you'd say it's impossible, although I'm not sure what you're trying to describe with "1/2" and "2/3" - maybe adding in lower frequencies than the fundamental? I'm not sure why you'd do that and 2/3 would be inharmonic and sound shite.

If you mean 2nd and 3rd harmonics, they're *easy*.

--
Gordonjcp MM0YEQ