Re: [LAD] xrun callback

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 03 2014 - 17:14:34 EEST

On 09/03/2014 04:04 PM, Raphaël BOLLEN wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use jack_set_xrun_callback to be notified in my
> application of eventual xrun.
>
> in the documentation of the function I see a note: that 'this function
> cannot be called while the client is activated'.
>
> Does it mean that my client must call jack_set_xrun_callback before
> being activated

Yes. First set the callback, and only later call jack_activate().

Two tiny jack clients which may come in handy:

 * jackxrun: report x-runs on the command line
 * busyjack: create artificial load

http://gareus.org/gitweb/?p=jackfreqd.git;a=tree;f=tools;
gcc -o jackxrun jackxrun.c -ljack
gcc -o busyjack busyjack.c -ljack

./jackxrun # reports xruns in the terminal
./busyjack 90 # will ramp things up to 90% DSP load (default is 50)

It can be used to create x-runs, yet it's not the same as a x-run from hw.

[..]
> It says return 0 on success. Does it mean the callback must succeed.

Your callback function must return 0.

Cheers!
robin