Re: [LAD] [LAU] Open Source Audio Interface

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 11 2014 - 19:10:36 EEST

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 03:57:06PM -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
>
>> I thought I would move this over here. I know there is already work
>> being done on this hw wise. These thoughts are for a point to point
>> raw ethernet audio transport That still allows some normal network
>> traffic as well.
>
> Zita-njbridge will do this, point to point or one to many.
>
> Each system can have its own sample rate and period size,
> no word clock sync is assumed.

Yes, this project would not replace that functionality. It is rather a
fully synced system where all audio inputs would be able to be used in the
same acoustic space. This is not a generic audio over ethernet protocol,
but a connection for an open audio IF to a computer where the performance
is extected to be as good as FW.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net