[LAD] Experience driven design and Linux Audio

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 30 2014 - 16:58:23 EEST

Hi Linux Audio Developers,

TL;DR; Discussing experience driven design for linux audio.

I'd like to discuss the "age of experiences". Allow me 10 minutes of
your time, to watch a video by Aral Balkan talk about development of
technology, FLOSS, design, and the future.

To start, please watch the following clip: I've skipped into the video
to get the section I think is most interesting to discuss on this
list:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ldhHkVjLe7A#t=1625

To bring this discussion to a productive start, I'd like to concider
the tools we have available as the linux-audio community: they
certainly have features, and empower the user to own thier tools, and
the data used with those tools.

Should we improve experience for users?
Should we design "experience driven open" software?
Should we forward the UX of Linux Audio to the "age of experiences"?

What do users know, that developers might not?
What is it that needs to change? Are there even issues here?
If so, how do we (the community as a whole) try to solve this?

I hope this is a productive and inclusive discussion, and politely
request remaining on topic ;)
To a fruitful discussion, -Harry

--
www.openavproductions.com