[LAD] MusE 2.2 released

From: Robert Jonsson <spamatica@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 06 2015 - 23:19:03 EET

MusE 2.2 - 2015-01-06

Hi All!

Following our plan of making monthly releases. Ah, I mean yearly releases...
Well, actually, it's been nearly two years since last stable release. Sorry.

Here we are anyway with a new release of MusE, and we think it's a good one!
Since last we have moved to github and Andrew has joined the team to, among
other things implement LV2 support, which he has done excellently. We are
quite happy with the current state and music has been recorded with MusE like
never before, some demonstrations are listed below.

Major feature improvements of this release includes:

* Support for LV2 Synths and effects
  - effects are supported both in Effect rack and in Arranger
  - State interface
  - Worker interface.
  - Instance-access.
  - KX studio Programs interface + extended programs interface to support
    per-channel bank/patch change (only Yoshimi now supports this feature).
  - Common must-have features: Atom, buf-size, event, options, uri-map, urid.
    + Other extensions: CV type lv2 ports
    + LV2_TIME__Position
    + Atom_Event_Transfer support for plugin<->UI communication
    + LV2 path MAP and MAKE extensions
    + LV2 LOG extension
  - UI interface. Supported UI subtypes:
    + QT4
    + GTK2
    + GTKMM2
    + X11
    + External interfaces (from kx studio specs).
    + idle callbacks

* Yet another MAJOR audio engine and plugin/synth process chain re-write
  - Track controllers (vol, pan) now sample-accurate and near noise-less

Numerous bug fixes and minor enhancements:
  - Metronome with accent clicks and replaceable clicks
  - Synths rearranged in separate menus
  - Reworked the PluginDialog to use a ui file and give more filter
    possibilities
  - Added [HOME] button to file open dialog
  - Ignore undo/redo while recording
  - Fix crash reported by LakeIshikawa: Pressing delete while clicking or
    dragging events or parts
  - Fixed copy/paste problem: Paste copies not clones, if the original
    parts/tracks have been deleted.
  - More commands support Undo/Redo, like setting global tempo.
  - Some new scripts, RemoveAftertouch, TempoDelay
  - Fix song not 'dirty' on many operations (close was not prompting to save).
  - Instrument Editor now basically complete: Added Initialization Sequence
    editor.
  - Sysex event editor now allows selection from pre-defined Instrument Sysex
    list.
  - Revised and edited Roland SD-50.idf by Patrick (split into GM2/nonGM2).
  - MusE now imports GM2 midi files. (Properly selects GM2 instrument.)
  - Added a visual metronome to Bigtime
  - Added line drawing of tempo in graphical master track editor
  - Fixed bug (issue #342 Moving Aux sends crashes muse)
  - Added more keyboard shortcuts in midi editors
  - Mods/fixes to Midi Input Transformator plugin:
  - When midi in is enabled in drum editor the selected track is moved along
    with the triggered key
  - Fixed bug with playback of drums clicking on notes in the new drum editor,
    it was playing the wrong instrument
  - MESS synths (esp Deicsonze): Controls (like Track Info program) and synth
    controls now mirror each other, both ways.
  - Deicsonze softsynth: Fixed: Not remembering settings + ladspa plugin
    settings, midi controllers moved to NRPN14 type.
  - Native VST: Call idle periodically. Makes some plugins like Glitch work,
    as per LAD mail.
  - Change window title when there are unsaved changes
  - Add auto-save feature, when enabled tries to save after 5 minutes
  - Added pitch control to SimpleDrums, first version
  - Fixed Ctrl+arrows in the arranger so the track list is scrolled

For more information and additional changes see the full changelog at:
https://github.com/muse-sequencer/muse/blob/muse_2_2/muse2/ChangeLog

News section:
http://muse-sequencer.org/index.php/News

Download: