Re: [LAD] Fwd: AES69-2015 standard for file exchange - Spatial acoustic data file format

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 15 2015 - 18:53:46 EET

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 05:16:45PM +0100, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> This was just announced on sursound. Might be worthwhile to adopt
> for anyone working with spatial audio datasets and files...

Only MatLab/Octave seems to be provided there, but since the
SOFA format is based on netCDF (a file format for storing array-
like data, including array shapes, dimension names, units and
other metadata).

Existing libraries for netCDF will probably do the job, but a
'convenience layer' knowing the exact SOFA formats would probably
simplify things.

Numerical Python already has a netCDF module, so probably some
day I will add support for this in pyjacktools.

Ciao,

--
FA