[LAD] Hydrogen and Round Robin

From: Aurélien Leblond <blablack@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 22 2015 - 16:19:08 EET

I just bought the drumdrops mapex samples to create a kit in Hydrogen...
They are gonna be great with the direct/overhead/room functionaly in Hydrogen.

The set comes with Round Robin and with a bit of thinking I came up
with 2 possible design to get this functionality in.

COMPLEX:
- Add a list of samples in the Layer object ; the sampler will chose
randomly one sample of the list when the instrument layer is played
- GUI wise, when a user click edit/delete layer, a form will popup
asking the user which of the sample he wants to edit/delete

The pros is that data structure wise it is really clean:
Instrument->Components->Layers->RoundRobin->Samples

The cons is that GUI wise it's not very clear for the user what's
going on, and it asks for more development.

SIMPLE
- Increase the number of layer per instrumebr to 64
- A check box is added in the instrument to active round robin
- If round robin is activated, layers that share the same velocity
range will be played randomly. If round robin is not activated, the
layers that share the same velocity range are player simultaneously

The pros is that the changes are very minimum to Hydrogen can be
implemented in a couple of hours. In addition it is simpler for the
user to see what's going on (checkbox and the visual of layers).

So what do you guys think?
I wouldn't mind coding the simple options, cannot wait to put all the
samples i just bought into this!

Aurélien