Re: [LAD] jack2 API

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 31 2015 - 17:07:34 EEST

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Vaclav Mach <vaclav.mach@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> What am I doing wrong? Or is it a bad way of using JACK2?

Hi,

You seem to want to write JACK clients - using C++. To do this you use
the JACK C API, which is the same for JACK 1 and JACK 2. Details of
the difference between JACK1 / JACK2 available[1] - but note that as a
JACK client developer, you do *not* need to care :)

> For example: instead of #include <jack/jack.h> I'm trying to #include "jack2/JackServer.h".
You misunderstand how JACK2 works - JACK2 implements the same JACK C
API as JACK1. You do not need to, and should not directly include any
JACK implementation in your code.

Hope this makes some sense, cheers, -Harry

[1] https://github.com/jackaudio/jackaudio.github.com/wiki/Q_difference_jack1_jack2

--
http://www.openavproductions.com