Re: [LAD] ambix vs JUCE, segfault

From: Matthias Kronlachner <m.kronlachner@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 14 2015 - 10:05:20 EEST

On 14/04/15 01:53, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On 04/13/2015 04:47 PM, Andres Cabrera wrote:
>> Not sure if this works, but can Ardour be built with native linux VST
>> support and ambix built as a native linux VST?
>
> Yes, that is probably an option. But I'm interested in getting the LV2
> version to work.
> -- Fernando

Hi Fernando and list,

thanks for the bugfix of the converter I will look into that.

As you probably already found out the Linux version is not very stable yet.
Part of it is probably in my code, but also in the JUCE framework which
I think needs more care. As more people are working on JUCE now there
might be ressources to look into the JUCE related problems. (If somebody
is at Musikmesse Frankfurt you could walk over to the guys at ROLI and
give them a wishlist.)

However I currently don't have the time to improve the software under
Linux, I make sure it works for OSX and Windows.
Especially the encoder GUI does make trouble with the OpenGL drawing.

Therefore if somebody wants to invest some time to improve things for
Linux you are very much welcome, I will support it as much as I can.

Best, Matthias