Re: [LAD] GuitarSynth

From: Gerald <gerald.mwangi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 21 2015 - 12:50:13 EEST

Thanks. The pitch detection is done by aubio library, but I rectify the
signal before since that stabilizes the detection.
By 'the 6th string' I assume you mean the lower pitched E string? Thats
due to the longer waveform of lower frequencies which would need more
frames per period to be detected. Low frequencies are a problem if the
algorithm detects only the fundamental freq and not the harmonic comb (I
dont know if its the case with aubio' yinfft algo). I had better results
with a harmonic comb algorithm at lower freq, but I used the CLAM Audio
suit for that. Sadly CLAM hasn't been updated for sometime (since 2010),
so I scraped it. Maybe I'll extract the relevant parts of CLAM for
GuitarSynth.
Gerald