Re: [LAD] [LAU] Linux Audio Berlin user group

From: Nils Gey <ich@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 21 2015 - 17:54:56 EEST

Hello Berlin User Group! Hello Bruno, Hello Sam,

that is very good to hear! On behalf of the "Open Source Audio Meeting
Cologne" I wish you luck.
We exist for a year now and our regular meetings are 4 to 10 people.

Maybe you find these information useful:

Most important first:
- Keep it social. There is no topic and no information which people just
simply couldn't look up on the internet, if they are really interested.
The point of such an event is to meet real humans.

- There is a small website. Everything on one page. I asked
linuxaudio.org for a subdomain. http://cologne.linuxaudio.org/
- Additionaly there is an Etherpad for protocols and where people can
announce if they plan to come
- We started with a meeting every two month and then upgraded to monthly
- There is regular content and a slot for announced or improvised talks
or presentations. See here http://yourpart.eu/p/linuxaudio-cologne
- Even with no planned program it is no problem to spend your time with
question and answer sessions.
- There is a small mailing list for internal stuff. Currently, since
I've written the ML-software myself, you have to register in person.
Facebook and other stuff is mainly an extended calender and declared as
such. So there is really only the website as central space for information.

Keep Rockin'!

Nils
http://cologne.linuxaudio.org
http://www.laborejo.org